Username:    Password:       Signup |  Forgot Password?
Forums
Swat 3 Reunited :: Forums :: Swat 3 :: Mapping

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Map that swat officers doesnt move..
Moderators: Copy-Cat, Slippery_Jim, Beckett, Junkyard_Dawg
Author Post
AlexTKDiniz
Sun Jan 08 2012, 07:22pm
Registered Member #587

Chalet Fall, Hulk Special Mission 1.0
"chalet.zip"

This map is awesome,but can someone fix the problem which the officers doesnt even move?!
it would be awesome..

[ Edited Sun Jan 08 2012, 08:53pm ]
Copy-Cat
Sun Jan 08 2012, 08:51pm

Registered Member #1

I just tested this map and suspects are moving and shooting.

Check your missions folder if:
1. you have duplicate missions.
2. you have mods in missions folder.
3. all of your missions are zipped.
4. original file names are used.
(in this case look for chalet.zip)

Check your mods folder if:
1. you have duplicate mods.
2. you have missions in the mods folder.
3. all of your mods are zipped.

If the suspects still dont move, hit me up on TS to discuss the problem further, I would like to know if a mission in our downloads is faulty.
AlexTKDiniz
Mon Jan 09 2012, 12:02am
Registered Member #587

TS? Teamspeak?
Hey thanks for checking the map and helping me,but the problem is not with the suspects,the problem is with the swat players
you start it and you order your team to do something and they dont move,this map is not the only one that have such error,i'll check out later which one is bugging too,if it is a deathmatch map then someone put it on the wrong category
Copy-Cat
Mon Jan 09 2012, 11:39pm

Registered Member #1

AH!, I see what you mean now, I will let you if can be fixed without contacting the original map maker(if he is still around).

Copy-Cat
Tue Jan 10 2012, 04:35am

Registered Member #1

The ai was not built properly within the map we have a few options.

1. Create a custom scenario using the "cellgroups_chalet.dat" inside the Map's zip. I used google to translate most of the cell group names from Swedish to English and renamed them in my cellgroups file. Place the cell groups file in your C:Sierra/Swat3/ScenShell/Data/ directory so you can create your custom scenario with the custom scenario editor. Most of the map wil be playable, but there are areas the AI will not follow you, because there are no waypoints within the map.

2. This option requires a bit of SCN hacking skills, we need to hack the SCN to add waypoints in locations within the map. This is very difficult to do by hand because you will need to know the exact location were you want the Waypoint within the map, making sure you add 2 waypoints for every door. Then rebuild the AI.

3. Contact the original map maker(if he is still around) and ask to either rebuild the map(which he probably don't have the files anymore) or let me edit/correct the map.(I doubt that he would release the RMF.)

The first option is most likely the easiest way to make the ai work somewhat, I will try contacting the map maker before attempting to fix the map myself.

[ Edited Tue Jan 10 2012, 04:36am ]
AlexTKDiniz
Tue Jan 10 2012, 12:18pm
Registered Member #587

Yeah i was gonna contact him but idk how D:
thx again bro,first option answered one question i was gonna put in here soon xD

And as you talk about SCN hacking skills my brain keeps blank haha i dont understand these things,though i used SCN once but to a failure attempt to hack a game for mods..

Thx alot man,u wanna know the other maps that are the same way? if i could fix them i would have done it,but i dont even know how to use Worldcraft to make a danm map :/

By the way i downloaded Wetwork last week,how the fck did u do that?! nice one..
Copy-Cat
Tue Jan 10 2012, 07:16pm

Registered Member #1

Sure if you know of anyother maps that are the same, I could put them in the COOP category to clarify things a bit.

And thanks for the props on the WetWork map, I created a thread for the entire process. If you are interested in mapping, the dnc community has 3 (new to swat3 mapping) mappers, that could guide you thru the process since it is fresh on their minds. In addition I am always on TS and excited to help anyone wanting to get in to mapping for swat3. That is what this community needs, MORE MAPS!

Any who here is the link www.xtreamgaming.net
AlexTKDiniz
Tue Jan 10 2012, 09:07pm
Registered Member #587

Ok bro,thx again,i'm on dnc now ;)
GambiT
Sun Mar 03 2013, 09:25pm
Registered Member #1053

I also have a problem with this GREAT map. First of all my team is not moving. I mean they say they follow me and so on but they don't. Other funny thing is that when I ask them to open the door - they do this, but standing in totally other place on the map (sic! lol). Like some ghost is with me.

Other fucked up thing with this map is when I try to play it with my friend on LAN he and his team is starting at some very dark and weird place and he can't move from there.

What's wrong?

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native. I can record some film with these problems to make it clearer :-) Cheers

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF